

I laid my tired head on the pillow last night mentally congratulating myself on a lovely First Birthday Party for baby Paige. Everything was perfect. The cupcakes were cute (although the chocolate icing looked a tiny bit like turds - I'll spare you from seeing that picture). The appetizers tasted just as good as the website recipe promised (thank you Pioneer Woman). The champagne was lovely. My baby was surrounded by people who love her.
It was perfect.
Then I sat straight up in bed. Horror struck. I forgot the ice cream!
Dammit! I forgot the ice cream.
I created individual servings so that it would be easier to dole out during the party. I put the individual servings in a beautiful crystal bowl. I was so prepared.
Plus, it was so pretty. The mint chocolate chip would have looked so pretty next to the chocolate and pink cupcakes.
Ah well, everything ELSE was perfect.
I think I'll have some ice cream for breakfast.

You are too funny! All I could do after yesterday's party was beat myself up over all kinds of little things I forgot. At least I remembered to bring the baby...
ReplyDelete