This is a picture of my mother. Today is her Birthday. And see that teeny tiny baby girl in her arms? That's ME! Only, much younger. And without bladder control. Oh wait. After having two kids, I don't have bladder control right now either. I can't believe I'm discussing my bladder with The Internet. Back to mom. It's her Birthday! Yay! I found this picture of us in an old album. Doesn't she look beautiful? She also looks terrified. What must it have been like to hold that tiny baby when she was a mere 21 herself. I cannot imagine. When I was 21 I didn't know weather to scratch my watch or wind my butt. Oh shoot. Now I've said 'butt' and 'bladder' all in one post. I'll stop now.
I buried my daddy over 4 years ago. His death taught me many things, but Appreciating My Loved Ones was the biggest lesson. It's one thing to understand that we'll all die someday, it's quite another to know it. I am so grateful my momma is here. Now. In my life. I thank God for her every day.

I also love how much she loves my children. And they LOVE their Nana. Wouldn't you love her too? Imagine being so utterly adored. These kids just drink in the adoration. And I say soak it up babies. She's one in million.
Happy Birthday Momma. We adore you too.

This is so sweet. What a great tribute to one of my favorite people!
ReplyDeleteLove to you and your family,
Linda Rowland