

We arrived home REALLY late last night. Like, 10pm. We were in Norman helping a friend with "honey-do" projects. Dave and I were both feeling cheerful about the whole evening. So when William asked (a full 2 hours after his normal bedtime) if we would 'make a nest for his mousie', we said "sure!".
Now let me clarify, mousie is made entirely of Legos. I've even drawn a face on him. These are the skills they don't tell you about when you're thinking of becoming a mother: Must Be Able to Artfully Craft the Face of a Rodent on Legos.
Dave was standing next to me when Will asked for a Mouse Nest and suggested we turn an empty diaper box into a 'mouse house'. William was over the moon. I walked past his room at 11pm and he was still awake - laying in his bed whispering quietly to his mouse. He'd arranged it so that the house would be right next to him while he slept. He'd even stolen a tea towel to use as a blanket for his little friend.
This morning, he slowly made his way downstairs carrying - you guessed it - the mouse house. And currently, he's eating his breakfast with the mouse house in the middle of the table.
I sure hope I can talk him out of taking it to the pool today.

oooohh and i love the googly eyes too. way to go friend. you are such a good mamma!!
ReplyDelete