Friday, June 19, 2009

If You Do That Again I Will Take You Outside and Spank Your Bottom

These words were spoken to my son yesterday. While on an airplane. While in the air.
Yes. I know.

Funny thing is, he didn't even laugh. He had the decency to look scared and then he stopped whatever it was he was doing. Perhaps I looked angry enough to actually do it.

Airports are so much fun for little boys. William was thrilled. We sat down in our seats, and he exclaimed "When is thing gonna blast off?". When we explained that airplanes take off, he looked very disappointed. Then he said "well, it does blow fire, right?". No honey, we're not on the space shuttle. Sorry.

And isn't it amazing how much luggage it takes to get 4 people out of the house for 5 days? See all those bags behind the kids. Yep. Ours. I bet folks thought we moving somewhere permanently.

And then there was the security checkpoint. First, all the bags on the conveyor. Then the stroller. All shoes must be removed. Even the baby's wee little sandals had to be x-rayed. We got through, then realized I'd left a very important carry-on bag sitting next to the boarding pass checkpoint. The bag that contained my camera *gasp* AND all of William's birthday gifts. I retrieved it just before security called in the bomb squad.

When we'd made it through security, Dave turned to me and said - with a straight face - "well, we've made it through the hardest part". Seriously? He thought THAT was hard? When I told him that holding a 1-year-old in our laps for next 5 hours might be a touch harder than security, he decided to change his lunch order:

This man has maybe a beer per month. Yet, at 11am yesterday morning, he ordered himself a Bud. Smart man. We should have put some in the baby's bottle.

William had a great time. No stress for him! The conveyors were like and amusement park.


Woo hoo! What could be better than People Movers. Nothing. Especially when you're four.
When we arrived in Jacksonville, William looked around and said "Momma, are ALL these people IN FLORIDA?". Uh, yeah honey, they sure are. And so are we. For the next 5 days.
Tune in tomorrow for: They Closed The Kiddie Pool (or Why Does God Hate Me?)

1 comment:

  1. You win Mother-of-the-year award for braving a FIVE hour flight with two children. We just spent one hour on a plane with Shelby, and it was torture. We've decided never to travel again!

    ReplyDelete