All this applies to William. And then some.
So yesterday, when this child was acting like a cranky teenager (bear in mind, he's FIVE). I knew he was just overwhelmed from traveling. I decided we all needed a break. A break from errands, and car seat buckling, and socializing, and using our 'manner words', and the HEAT. My god. We had to get out of the heat.
So, we did NOTHING outside the house today. Well, almost nothing. We did leave the house once. William got a haircut.
Here he is enjoying the post-haircut sucker:
Please note that he is wearing a Bolt birthday party hat. I don't know why. He just really wanted to wear it to get his hair cut. I told him it might be a touch difficult to cut hair if it was located under a hat. He was undeterred.
The day was fun. And it was air conditioned. And no sunscreen was required. Everyone was pleasant. William and I even snuggled and said some extra 'I love yous' just to make up for yesterday. Yesterday, I wanted to sell him to the gypsies.
This morning, William pretended to be a Jet Plane Pilot:
Will: Momma, I'm here loading all of the passengers onto my Jet Plane (holding teeny tiny airplane)
Me: Excellent.
Will: See my plane now? (rolling slowing along kitchen counter). It's terminal-ling down the taxi.
Me: (stifling giggle) Mmm Hmmmm.
Will: And now look momma, he's going fast along the run away.
Will: And now he's blasting off (sound effects)
Me: Awesome.
After the haircut, we raced home to take a bath. Nothing bothers Will more than those tickly-scratchy hairs on his neck.
Much later, he jumped up and said 'I'll be right back momma, I need to get an ear pick'. Ear pick? Huh?
He returned with this. He had bath water in his ear. In William's mind, if you use a toothpick to get something out of your teeth, then it only makes sense that this would be an ear pick.

No comments:
Post a Comment