Or, reasons today was Most Excellent:
- Baby Paige and William attended their first day of Mother's Day Out. The baby cried on and off the entire day, but since I didn't know she was crying, it was like it never happened.
- Impromptu outing with my step-mom which included a pedicure AND lunch. At a Mexican food restaurant. Whoop!
- Crossing 6,987,345 errands off my list. All errands were run without buckling a single car seat. Pure heaven, you all!
- Purchasing In-Style Hair magazine to search for a cute style. Only to discover the Ridiculously-Long-Slept-In look is IN. Yes! I've had a hairstyle all along and didn't know it! I must have known this intuitively and THAT's why I haven't had a haircut in 2009. It has nothing to do with a lack of childcare or a disregard for personal upkeep. Nope. (When discussing with neighbor Susan, she remarked that I am a hair savant. I am the Rainman of hairstyles. Yes I am!)
- Watching little boys have an insane amount of fun with nothing more than balloons. "When you let the air out, it sounds like a toot!" What could be better? Nothing, that's what.
- Knowing that tomorrow my friend Susan will arrive from Tulsa to spend the day. Therefore, knowing tomorrow will be most excellent as well.
- Witnessing William and his father open a birthday gift. The package was for William, but the 36-year-old boy in the room looked equally excited. The box contained a realistic NASA space shuttle AND a flying saucer. Complete with little green alien.

No comments:
Post a Comment