Wednesday, June 10, 2009

These Were Taken in Just 15 Minutes

The last 15 minutes of the day. The 15 minutes before my hungry husband walks through the door. I was busy trying to prepare a lovely dinner. A new recipe. That required concentration. Paige was having none of it.


First, she picked up one of big brother's cars and just crawled around with it in her mouth. Mostly to taunt him. It worked. Perfectly.


Then she crawled over and turned off the oven. I didn't notice for several minutes. Could this be why the recipe wasn't as tasty as I'd hoped? *Please note Bubby's car is still in her mouth.


Then off to the dishwasher. She was sure to pull out the only sharp knife in the silverware tray before I could get to her.



Now she's decided to bug the dog. She's also playing with a plastic bag. I think it says right there on the bag 'this is not a toy'. Too bad she can't read.



Ah, and what evening would be complete without tearing William's artwork off of the refrigerator and gnawing on it?



Oh, and Paige, don't forget to check for little pebbles and bugs under the kitchen rug... you haven't choked yet today. You know how I love to pry your jaw open and dig out a spider or something similar. Never mind that I vacuum and mop daily to prevent this. You still check under the rug for things I've missed. Smart baby.


Oh thank you God, Daddy's home.
And he wonders why mommy is sometimes a little cranky when he walks in the door.


1 comment:

  1. Rita! Once again you've done it girl...got my laughing OUT LOUD! :) I remember these days darlin like they were yesterday. Except, they WEREN'T yesterday and wow, Josh is now 4 1/2!! Crazy. I believe God gave us 2nd children JUST to keep us on our toes. Paige and Josh have a lot in common! And Maddie and Will, well....let's just say, Thank you God for 1st borns in those "last 15 minutes." ;) LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete