Monday, June 22, 2009

Hello, Ritz Kids? Will You Marry Me?

I'm in love with a program here at the hotel called 'Ritz Kids'. I mean serious love here people.

When my sister-in-law suggested I leave William with the hotel kids program, I was skeptical. I hated to bring my dumpling all the way to Florida, only to dump him unceremoniously with some gum-smacking college student/hotel lackey. Isn't that what you'd expect from a hotel?

Oh my. I was mistaken.

First, we drop William off in an amazing kid room. Decked out head-to-toe in Pottery Barn Kids furniture. Giant beanbags. Overgrown stuffed animals. A puppet show theater. Tiny tables with matching multi-colored chairs. It was precious. Frankly, I wanted to cancel my dinner reservations and stay with William. Here, they fed him dinner (Pizza! And rice crispy treats!), while he watched Curious George on the over sized television.

William barely noticed me leaving. He was in heaven.
Then, the kids are whisked down to the poolside playroom. This room is home to Amelia the Parrot. Yes! She's a real parrot! According to William, she can say 'hello', and 'goodbye', and 'good girl', and 'kaleidoscope' (just kidding on that last one).
The children are given a chance to talk to Amelia, then she's re-caged while the teacher reads the kids a pirate story. Guess who's the lead character? Yes! Amelia!
Then, these crazy Ritz folks take all the kids to the seashore where they hunt for Real Shark Teeth. Again, I cannot believe I was drinking wine and eating steak with adults when I could have been hunting for shark teeth.

THEN, they bring the teeth back and each child makes his own shark tooth necklace.

Finally, they take all the kids swimming in the hotel pool. That way they're nice and tired when mommy and daddy arrive to pick them up.

Off to bed with you William... dream of Amelia. We all know how you like birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment